Parish Councils have powers to represent and support their local communities. They protect local environments and provide local services and facilities. Many of the decisions involve public money so it is essential that the council's business is conducted in a correct and transparent manner.
In order to achieve transparency, confidence and legal decision-making, there are rules for conducting business, established in law and good practice, namely Procedures which:
- help the council to act in a legal and consistent manner;
- protect the council from making unlawful decisions;
- support good chairmanship;
- guide councillors.
Standing Orders represent agreement among councillors and help the Chairman manage the meetings and prevent disagreement over how to conduct business. Standing Orders are regularly reviewed by the Parish Council, and updated when appropriate. An order required by law will be in bold.
Financial Regulations govern the conduct of financial management by the council and set out how the council meets its responsibilities. Like Standing Orders they are regularly reviewed and updated.
Freedom of Information as required by the Freedom of Information Act 2000, the Parish Council has adopted a model scheme approved by the Information Commissioner.
The Parish Council may also adopt other procedures that assist it in carrying out its functions.
- Standing Orders, updated June 2014
- Budget Virement Policy, adopted 2009
- Child Protection Policy, adopted March 2014
- Code of Conduct, re-adopted July 2012
- Complaints Procedures, updated March 2013
- Document Retention Policy, adopted 2008
- Equality Policy, adopted 2007
- Freedom of Information Act: Model Publication Scheme, adopted 2008
- Financial Regulations, updated June 2014
- Grant Applications Form, 2013
- Grant Applications Policy, 2013
- Protocol for Pre-Application Planning Presentations, 2014
- Public Participation at Council Meetings Guidance Notes
- Statement of Community Engagement, adopted July 2012
- Vulnerable Adult Protection Policy, adopted March 2014
All documents on this page are pdf files, unless otherwise stated.