Bidford Community Library
Since April 2012, Bidford Community Library Ltd. has been providing a full County Library service to the communities of Bidford-on-Avon and neighbouring villages.
The difference is that it is entirely run by enthusiastic volunteers!
Since it started, new services have been added:
- Mondays 10.30am: Storytime, aimed at the very young members of our community.
- Wednesdays 1.00 to 3.15pm: Knit and Natter followed by Click Clack, for our younger members.
- Fridays 10.00am to 12.00noon: Game Mornings.
- 3rd Friday of the month: CAB Outreach is available.
BCL also takes part in the national Summer Reading Challenge every year, and has been very successful – the best Community Library in the County!
BCL is always looking for opportunities to offer a more extensive and better service to the local community. It has recently been successful in obtaining grants towards:
- Books on Prescription – County Councillor Fund Grant.
- Digital Inclusion - Stratford DC grant.
- Heart of England grant – towards Knit and Natter group.
And our local Warner’s Budgens continues to support the library via its Community Saving Scheme – for each £10 your spend they give you a token to put in the box - don’t forget to ask for your tokens! The Directors of BCL are very grateful for the continued support of Warner’s Budgens.
Bidford Community Library is more than just a library, it is a Community Service Centre where all are welcome – why not come and pay us a visit? Our volunteers will be more than happy to assist you.
Have you got a spare couple of hours a week or even per fortnight? Then why not become a volunteer at Bidford Community Library? The library is run entirely by volunteers. Would you like to become one of our friendly team?
More information, including an application form, can be read below:
FRIDAY 'GAMES MORNINGS'
Bidford Community Library is expanding its community services to include a 'Games Morning' every Friday from 10.00am to 12.00 noon. Cost £1 per session.
Cards. Scrabble. Dominoes. Chinese Checkers. Or bring your own.
- Games Morning Poster (pdf)
The aims of Bidford Community Library Ltd.
The aims of the company are:
- To provide a library service for the local community and to facilitate a community hub to promote community cohesion;
- To provide social, entertainment and educational services and activities which could help reduce feelings of isolation and rural deprivation;
- To promote volunteering, interaction, communication and wellbeing between individuals, groups and businesses to enhance community spirit;
- To provide and develop IT facilities including internet usage for the community and to develop a support network for users as required;
- To encourage all sections of the community to use the services and facilities provided and to focus the provision on the needs as recognised and in particular to encourage new skills;
- To provide services by associating with voluntary organisations, local authorities, health organisations, local communities and local organisations in a common effort to provide services enabling individuals to move forward with their lives;
- To manage and improve the facilities and services of the Company which, in the opinion of the Directors, may enhance the sustainability of the Company.
The Directors of Bidford Community Library.
Library volunteers with well known children’s book author, Anne Fine.
Guy Warner from Warner’s Budgens presenting a cheque for £918.78 to Kim James and Elisabeth Uggerloese, Directors of Bidford Community Library Ltd. This was collected by Warner’s Budgens Local Community Savings Scheme which selected Bidford Community Library as its partner in April 2012. A big 'thank you' to Warner’s Budgens and to all shoppers who have dropped the green token into the box! Please continue to do so.
Elisabeth Uggerloese (BCL), Guy Warner (Warner's Budgens) and Angela Ballard (BCL) in January 2013.
Angela Ballard (BCL), Elisabeth Uggerloese (BCL) and Guy Warner(Warner's Budgens) in January 2013.
Guy Warner presenting a cheque from Warner's Budgens to Elisabeth Uggerloese , a Director of BCL, in January 2013.
First computer course run at BCL during May/June 2013.
BCL at the Buy in Bidford Christmas Event, November 2013.
A donaion from Warner’s Budgens to Bidford Community Library under the Community Saver Scheme, February 2015.
- Accounts - Year Ending 31 March 2015
- Newsletter and Information on Social Enterprises - February 2012