Bidford Community Library
Bidford Community Library Ltd. will be providing a full 'County Library Service' to the communities of Bidford on Avon and the neighbouring villages from April 2012.
The day to day running of the library is carried out entirely by volunteers.
Existing users of the County Library Service can continue to use their current county library cards.
New Services will be provided including the CAB advice unit and a new live webcam link to the District Council Offices in Stratford to avoid travelling to Elizabeth House.
If you don't use the Library but would like to support the Community Library and Community Hub why not join our BCL Friends Scheme for a small annual subscription?
BIDFORD COMMUNITY LIBRARY ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING
Tuesday 28 July 2015, 7.00pm
Parish Council Meeting Rooms, Bramley Way, Bidford-on-Avon, B50 4QG
- AGM Agenda (pdf)
'RECORD BREAKERS' SUMMER ACTIVITIES AT BIDFORD LIBRARY
Come and join us at Bidford Library for the Summer Reading Challenge 2015. All sessions run from 10.30am to 12.00 noon.
Sat 25 July - Big and Small Scarecrows
Help us build a large scarecrow then build a small one to take home.
Fri 31 July - Heaviest and Lightest
Making owls with sand and feathers.
Mon 3 August - Highest and Lowest
Make Marshmallow and Spaghetti Towers and Tissue Paper Parachutes.
Tue 11 August - Fastest and Slowest
See how and why objects move faster or slower on different surfaces.
Tue 18 August - Stop Motion Video
Learn how to make a stop motion video. (Ages 7 to 11) Limited.
Sat 29 August - Record Breakers
Break a record by taking up our challenges.
Some sessions may have limited numbers. Some activities will have age limitations. Each session will cost £3.00 per child and will include refreshments. A smart phone or tablet may be needed to take part in the Stop-Motion group.
FRIDAY 'GAMES MORNINGS'
Bidford Community Library is expanding its community services to include a 'Games Morning' every Friday from 10.00am to 12.00 noon. Cost £1 per session.
Cards. Scrabble. Dominoes. Chinese Checkers. Or bring your own.
- Games Morning Poster (pdf)
BECOME A FRIEND OF BIDFORD LIBRARY
This is an easy way of supporting this important community asset and costs only £5 per person per annum. More information, and a subscription form, can be read below:
The aims of Bidford Community Library Ltd.
The aims of the company are:
- To provide a library service for the local community and to facilitate a community hub to promote community cohesion;
- To provide social, entertainment and educational services and activities which could help reduce feelings of isolation and rural deprivation;
- To promote volunteering, interaction, communication and wellbeing between individuals, groups and businesses to enhance community spirit;
- To provide and develop IT facilities including internet usage for the community and to develop a support network for users as required;
- To encourage all sections of the community to use the services and facilities provided and to focus the provision on the needs as recognised and in particular to encourage new skills;
- To provide services by associating with voluntary organisations, local authorities, health organisations, local communities and local organisations in a common effort to provide services enabling individuals to move forward with their lives;
- To manage and improve the facilities and services of the Company which, in the opinion of the Directors, may enhance the sustainability of the Company.
The Directors of Bidford Community Library.
Library volunteers with well known children’s book author, Anne Fine.
Guy Warner from Warner’s Budgens presenting a cheque for £918.78 to Kim James and Elisabeth Uggerloese, Directors of Bidford Community Library Ltd. This was collected by Warner’s Budgens Local Community Savings Scheme which selected Bidford Community Library as its partner in April 2012. A big 'thank you' to Warner’s Budgens and to all shoppers who have dropped the green token into the box! Please continue to do so.
Elisabeth Uggerloese (BCL), Guy Warner (Warner's Budgens) and Angela Ballard (BCL) in January 2013.
Angela Ballard (BCL), Elisabeth Uggerloese (BCL) and Guy Warner(Warner's Budgens) in January 2013.
Guy Warner presenting a cheque from Warner's Budgens to Elisabeth Uggerloese , a Director of BCL, in January 2013.
First computer course run at BCL during May/June 2013.
BCL at the Buy in Bidford Christmas Event, November 2013.
A donaion from Warner’s Budgens to Bidford Community Library under the Community Saver Scheme, February 2015.
- Accounts - Year Ending 31 March 2015
- Newsletter and Information on Social Enterprises - February 2012