Bidford Community Library
Bidford Community Library Ltd. will be providing a full 'County Library Service' to the communities of Bidford on Avon and the neighbouring villages from Monday 2 April 2012.
The day to day running of the library is carried out entirely by volunteers.
Existing users of the County Library Service can continue to use their current county library cards.
New Services will be provided including the CAB advice unit and a new live webcam link to the District Council Offices in Stratford to avoid travelling to Elizabeth House.
If you don't use the Library but would like to support the Community Library and Community Hub why not join our BCL Friends Scheme for a small annual subscription?
COMPUTER COURSE AT BIDFORD LIBRARY
Wednesday 22 May 2013, 1.00 to 3.00pm - for six weeks
Bidford Community Library, Bidford-on-Avon.
Are you baffled by today’s technology? Have you been given a new PC, iPad/Tablet but don’t know how to use it? Are you recently retired and want to be able to communicate with your children and grandchildren by email/Skype? Are you looking for a new job and would like to improve your IT skills, or write a professional looking CV? Would you like to learn how to trade on eBay? Or be able to keep your accounts?
If the answer is YES to any of the above, then we may be able to help.
Bidford Community Library is offering a 6 week course @ £35.00 Starting on Wednesday 22 May 2013 from 1.00 to 3.00pm. Each two hour session will be delivered by Francis O’Neill, a professional tutor, and are limited to no more than 8 places.
You will be provided with a computer for your sole use and will be taught with the aid of a projector and screen – all you need is a pad and paper and a memory stick – and don’t worry if you don’t have one, BCL can let you have one at cost price (£5).
To book your place please contact Clerk to the Council, Mrs Elisabeth Uggerløse.
- Computer Course Leaflet (pdf)
The aims of Bidford Community Library Ltd.
The aims of the company are:
- To provide a library service for the local community and to facilitate a community hub to promote community cohesion;
- To provide social, entertainment and educational services and activities which could help reduce feelings of isolation and rural deprivation;
- To promote volunteering, interaction, communication and wellbeing between individuals, groups and businesses to enhance community spirit;
- To provide and develop IT facilities including internet usage for the community and to develop a support network for users as required;
- To encourage all sections of the community to use the services and facilities provided and to focus the provision on the needs as recognised and in particular to encourage new skills;
- To provide services by associating with voluntary organisations, local authorities, health organisations, local communities and local organisations in a common effort to provide services enabling individuals to move forward with their lives;
- To manage and improve the facilities and services of the Company which, in the opinion of the Directors, may enhance the sustainability of the Company.
The Directors of Bidford Community Library.
Library volunteers with well known children’s book author, Anne Fine.
Guy Warner from Warner’s Budgens presenting a cheque for £918.78 to Kim James and Elisabeth Uggerloese, Directors of Bidford Community Library Ltd. This was collected by Warner’s Budgens Local Community Savings Scheme which selected Bidford Community Library as its partner in April 2012. A big 'thank you' to Warner’s Budgens and to all shoppers who have dropped the green token into the box! Please continue to do so.
Elisabeth Uggerloese (BCL), Guy Warner (Warner's Budgens) and Angela Ballard (BCL) in January 2013.
Angela Ballard (BCL), Elisabeth Uggerloese (BCL) and Guy Warner(Warner's Budgens) in January 2013.
Guy Warner presenting a cheque from Warner's Budgens to Elisabeth Uggerloese , a Director of BCL, in January 2013.
BCL Director Patricia Atkins is doing a walk from Stratford upon Avon to The Globe Theatre in London in April 2013. Patricia is raising funds for Bidford Community Library Ltd. Sponsorship form are available online and at the library.
News and Further Information
Also see our Save Our Library campaign page, for more information about the fight to keep Bidford Library open in the face of threatened closure.