Village Liaison Officer (VLO)
Local help for local people in rural areas
The VLO is about providing local help to local people in rural areas across South Warwickshire. Many people in local areas find it hard to access information – so just contact your local Village Liaison Officer who will be able to assist you.
The Village Liaison Officer provides support to individuals within their communities; by signposting them to organizations that can offer support and help. The service is free and confidential.
In addition, the Village Liaison Officer works with the Council for Voluntary Service to respond to particular issues within communities, where gaps in services and provision are identified.
Bidford-on-Avon already has an award winning VLO. Heather Gerrard – named Village Liaison Officer in 2005. Please contact her as she may be able to help find what you are looking for. She can:
- Act as an information point in the community, helping you find out about local services.
- Provide you with a contact name and telephone number of an organisation to help with your enquiry.
- Help you access information from the internet, if you are unable to.
There is no need to go into great detail about your personal situation if you do not wish to.
The VLO may also be able to help if you:
- Would like to know more about local services.
- Would like to know about local clubs, societies and groups.
- Have you just retired? Moved to the area or are a new parent?
- Are caring for someone and need support or advice.
- Are interested in finding out about voluntary work.
- Would like to know about Benefits or Grants.
Whatever your enquiry, your local volunteer may be able to help.
Village Liaison Officer: Heather Gerrard
10 Holland Close,
Telephone: 01789 778493