Bidford-on-Avon parish has a number of churches and places of worship. Read more about some of them below:
The ancient parish church of St Laurence, which has recently celebrated its 800th year (1206 to 2006) occupies a prominent position in the centre of the village overlooking the River Avon.
- Holy Communion every Sunday at 8.00am
- Holy Communion every 2nd, 3rd and 4th Sunday at 10.00am
- Cafe Church every 1st Sunday at 10.30am
- Group Service every 5th Sunday (venue may vary)
- Holy Communion every Thursday at 9.30am
- See St Laurence Church's website for more information.
The land in Quinneys Lane, on which the church stands, was bought with funds raised by the parish in 1960 following the closure of the church in Salford Priors. The building, which had been a builders workshop, was converted into a church and given the name St Joseph the Worker. A year or two later, the house next door was purchased and became the presbytery.
- Mass every Saturday at 5.30pm
- Mass with Children's Liturgy every Sunday at 11.00am
- See St Joseph the Worker Church's website for more information.
theBarn Bidford is a vibrant, growing church with lively music, flourishing youth and children’s work, small groups across the area, plenty for mums and toddlers through the week, regular outreach events including Alpha courses, art events, and Mix, a ministry for people with learning disabilities.
The church was planted in September 2005 by the flourishing Chipping Campden Baptist Church. We are members of Cornerstone, a fellowship of five like-minded, partnering churches (Chipping Campden, Hook Norton, Bloxham and Stour Valley), whose shared vision is to see revival in our region. Starting in the local village hall, we moved into theBarn at the beginning of 2012 and the church has continued to flourish in its new home. Recently we’ve added more car-parking spaces and an outside play/picnic area.
Our services are relaxed, positive and informal, and we do all we can to make sure everyone feels welcome. Our music is upbeat and contemporary, and worship, our invitation to God, underpins all we do. Our belief is that everyone is on a journey and the intentional combination of the preaching of God’s Word and openness to the Holy Spirit have the power to invigorate, empower, even transform our lives, right where we are.
Children and young people are a central part of our church. We have full-time youth and kids pastors, and kids play an active role in our services before they leave for their own groups. Our wider programme includes a toddler groups, coffee morning for Mums, Barn Arts fortnightly, Mix monthly, Messy Church regularly and much more.
- Sunday morning service at 9.15am and 11.30am
- See the theBarn Bidford's website for more information.
- Sunday Worship at 10.30am
- Fellowship and Bible Study on the second and fourth Wednesday of the month at 2.30pm
- Coffee Mornings on Saturdays from 10.30am to 12.00 noon