Bidford-on-Avon parish has a number of churches and places of worship. Read more about some of them below:
The ancient parish church of St Laurence, which has recently celebrated its 800th year (1206 to 2006) occupies a prominent position in the centre of the village overlooking the River Avon.
- Holy Communion every Sunday at 8.00am
- Holy Communion every 2nd, 3rd and 4th Sunday at 10.00am
- Cafe Church every 1st Sunday at 10.30am
- Group Service every 5th Sunday (venue may vary)
- Holy Communion every Thursday at 9.30am
- See St Laurence Church's website for more information.
The land in Quinneys Lane, on which the church stands, was bought with funds raised by the parish in 1960 following the closure of the church in Salford Priors. The building, which had been a builders workshop, was converted into a church and given the name St Joseph the Worker. A year or two later, the house next door was purchased and became the presbytery.
- Mass every Saturday at 5.30pm
- Mass with Children's Liturgy every Sunday at 11.00am
- See St Joseph the Worker Church's website for more information.
Bidford Baptist Church was planted in 2005 and has become a thriving, vibrant and growing church with 300+ regular attendees from across the region, many of whom are children, youth and young adults.
The church is located at the Barn on Waterloo Road in Bidford and our Sunday services are at 10.30am. Visitors are always very welcome. Tea and coffee are served before and after each service.
Our meetings are upbeat and contemporary, the atmosphere is lively, and the messages are encouraging, practical and relevant. Every Sunday, we have a full programme of activities for nursery, pre-school, kids and teenagers - each group has their own customised facilities and learn and play in relaxed and safe environments.
Amongst our other regular activities, we have Café Mum every Monday morning at 9.00am, LiveGen for teenagers on a Monday evening at 7.30pm, small groups in houses during the week, Barn Arts fortnightly on Fridays and a 'Stay and Play' toddler group on Friday mornings at 9.30am. We also hold ‘Messy Church’ on Sunday afternoons every couple of months, featuring a mixture of arts, crafts, games and activities, followed by a short talk by our kids team and tea. This is extremely popular and a great chance for kids and parents to have fun and get messy together!
Our aim is to be an asset to Bidford in every way: by providing a strong Christian witness, by praying God's blessing over the village, by organising varied, fun and meaningful events, and by getting involved in community activities.
The church office at the Barn is normally open from 9am to 4pm Monday to Friday. Staff onsite include Senior Pastor, Jamie Cox, Kids Pastor, Rachel Harris, and Youth Pastor, Jon Hudson. If we can help in any way, please don’t hesitate to ask.
- Sunday Worship at 10.30am, the Barn, Waterloo Rd, B50 4JN
- See the Baptist Church's website for more information.
- Sunday Worship at 10.30am
- Fellowship and Bible Study on the second and fourth Wednesday of the month at 2.30pm
- Coffee Mornings on Saturdays from 10.30am to 12.00 noon